Now that the busy festive season is long behind us, there is no better time to spruce up your spa or salon. Whether it’s just a fresh lick of paint to see in a new season or a complete salon refurbishment, we have some top tips on how to makeover your site on a budget.
- Have a theme. Whether you wish to sketch out your salon or create a mood board, get creative! Your theme should not only be a haven that your clients wish to escape to, but it should always reflect your brand. Once you know which pieces need updating, create a shopping list and stick to it. Impulse buys will only push the cost of your makeover up and pieces may not end up fitting in with your vision.
- Work with what you have. We all know the timeless phrase ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ and it most certainly applies here. Not everything in your salon will need replacing and if there’s an opportunity to re-paint or re-upholster furniture then you should consider this before buying brand new items.
- Up-cycle. Even if you do need new pieces, they don’t have to be brand new! Consider second hand items from charity shops or online (preloved.co.uk). Breathing new life into old pieces will not only give your salon a unique vibe but may also create a talking point for your clients.
- Make the most of your space. If you’re short on space, look up space-saving ideas and ways to increase the amount of storage in your salon. Tidying your tools away can open up your salon and less clutter can make your space appear larger.
- DIY. It may seem like a big task, but if your salon only requires a lick of paint then consider doing it yourself. This is a great way to keep costs low if you’re on a budget, and also can be done on one of the days your business is closed (if you can get a few volunteers to help out).
Creating a whole new look doesn’t have to cost a fortune, in actual fact you can search for great pieces on Ebay, Gumtree, Etsy and Remade in Britain. Also no matter how big your salon makeover if you’re closing your salon to redecorate, remember to have a relaunch party upon opening. This is a great way to create a buzz and an excellent opportunity to ask clients to invite a friend along.